Addictively crunchy and bursting with bright flavors, this einkorn salad makes for a stunning and healthy side dish.
For the Salad:
- ½ cup einkorn berries
- 1 cup water
- 1 small head radicchio, chopped finely
- 2 shallots, minced
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- 2 Granny Smith apples, diced
- 5 tablespoons raw honey
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
For the Dressing:
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice (about 1 ½ lemons)
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place einkorn and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until water has been absorbed and einkorn is chewy.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Transfer cooked einkorn to a large bowl and add radicchio and shallots. Pour prepared dressing on top and toss well to coat.
- Add apples, walnuts, and honey. Toss well to combine. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if needed. Serve immediately.
- Category: Grain Salads
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: einkorn, einkorn berries, einkorn wheat berries, grain salad, radicchio, walnuts