Bursting with fresh flavor, this orange sherbet is a no fuss way to enjoy sunshine in a bowl. Cool off with this sweet tangy treat, and make it at home today.
- 1 ½ Tbsp finely grated orange zest
- 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 7 oz granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk, chilled
- Add all ingredients except the milk to the bowl of a food processor or blender. Process until the sugar is dissolved, approximately 1 minute. Add the mixture to a large mixing bowl, then whisk in the milk.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. Chill for 1 hour.
- Add the mixture to an ice cream maker, chilled according to manufacturer’s direction. Process until it is the consistency of soft serve ice cream. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, freeze mixture in 30 minute intervals, whisking between each, until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Serve immediately, if you prefer a softer texture. Otherwise, place the mixture in an airtight container or loaf pan covered with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 3 hours.
Adapted from a recipe by Alton Brown.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: Ice Cream
Keywords: sherbet, orange