Pear Sorbet with Ginger-Infused Maple Syrup is a refreshing and delicious homemade dessert that features autumn produce. Vegan, dairy free, and gluten free.
- 3 pears, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup Runamok Ginger Root Infused Maple Syrup, or more to taste
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest, plus more for garnish
- Butter cookies, for serving (optional)
- Place the pears in a saucepan and add water until just covered. Poach over medium heat until just tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Drain and place the fruit in a high-speed blender with the Ginger Root Infused Maple Syrup and sugar. Blend on high to produce a fine puree. Taste and adjust for sweetness, adding more syrup if necessary. Add the lemon zest and blend to combine.
- Let the mixture cool completely, then chill in the refrigerator for several hours until cold.
- Transfer the puree to an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer to an airtight container and place in the freezer. Allow to freeze completely.
- Scoop into dessert dishes and garnish with lemon zest if desired. Serve with a few butter cookies on the side.
- Category: Sorbet
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: sorbet, frozen desserts, vegan desserts, pear, maple syrup