An incredibly delicious and simple appetizer recipe. Camembert cheese and tomatoes are baked on top of some bread, then it’s all topped with a crunchy pistachio basil pesto. This will be your favorite new appetizer!
- 1/4 cup shelled salt and pepper roasted pistachios*
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, lightly packed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp lime juice (or lemon juice)
- pinch salt
- 10 oz baguette
- 1/2 lb Camembert cheese
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine the pistachios and basil in a food processor. Pulse until crumbly. Add the olive oil and lime juice, and pulse until combined. Taste, add a pinch of salt if necessary, and set aside.
- Rinse the tomatoes well and cut them in half, or slice them into a few pieces if they are large. Cut the baguette at an angle into 1/2-inch-wide slices. Spread each piece with a layer of the cheese, then top with a few tomato halves.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the tomatoes are soft. Remove from the oven, top with a bit of the pesto, and serve immediately.
I buy the salt and pepper roasted pistachios from Costco. They are amazing. But, if you don’t have these on hand, just use whatever roasted pistachios you can find and add a fair amount of salt and freshly ground black pepper to the pesto. As always, add gradually and taste frequently!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: camembert, pistachio, pesto, bruschetta