These monkey bread muffins are the best breakfast treat to wake up to. The soft, cinnamon and sugar coated biscuit dough is pure heaven.
- Cooking oil spray
- 3 cans buttermilk biscuits (about 16 oz each, not the flaky kind)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2–3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 sticks (16 Tbsp) unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line two large rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil. Lightly grease two 12-cup muffin tins with cooking oil spray.
- Pop open cans and cut each biscuit into four equal pieces. Pour granulated sugar and cinnamon into a large zip-top bag and put all the biscuit pieces inside; seal it and shake to coat the dough completely.
- Place biscuit pieces inside muffin cups, filling each about ⅔ of the way full.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine brown sugar and butter. Allow the butter to melt completely. Using a spoon, pour about two tablespoons of liquid over each muffin cup.
- Place in the oven and place the lined baking sheet on the rack below to catch any overflow from the butter. Bake about 20 minutes, until tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing. Serve warm.
Adapted from Honey and Jam.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: monkey bread, buttermilk biscuits, cinnamon sugar, brunch