Do you love fresh summertime berries? This vegan raspberry lemon muffin recipe is super easy to make, healthy, and delicious.
- Cooking oil, spray
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 5 Tbsp water
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup vegan granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- zest of 1 large lemon (about 1 Tbsp)
- 3/4 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup raspberries, halved
- Heat your oven to 400°F and grease a muffin tin.
- Mix the flax seed and water in a small bowl to make a flax egg, then set aside.
- Place the flours, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Combine the sugar and lemon zest in a large bowl (preferably that of a stand mixer) and whisk vigorously for about 2 minutes, until fluffy. Add the almond milk, lemon juice, vanilla, and flax egg, then whisk to combine.
- Add the melted coconut oil to the sugar/lemon mixture and whisk well. Next, add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Gently fold the raspberries into the batter.
- Distribute the batter evenly among 12 muffin cups – they should be about 3/4 full (or maybe a bit more).
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, until they are nice and golden on top, and a toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then invert onto a cooling rack and right the muffins with your hands (with the fragile berries inside, I’ve found this to be the best technique). Serve immediately, or cool completely before storing.
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: vegan, muffin, raspberry, lemon, egg-free, dairy-free