- 1 3/4 cup einkorn flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1/4 cup Organic Grade B Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup strawberry basil jam (or whatever strawberry jam you like)
- 2 ripe but firm peaches, washed and sliced into half circles
- Extra coconut sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat the oven or a large convection toaster oven to 350F. Generously butter (and/or line with buttered parchment if you like) a tart pan (I used a 10-inch pan).
- In a food processor, pulse together 1 3/4 cup einkorn flour with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add cubed butter and pulse until it starts to come together. Add 1/4 cup pure Grade B maple syrup; pulse until mixture starts grouping together like a ball of dough. Turn off machine, gather together dough and roll out on a floured surface. Place in tart pan, pierce all over gently with a fork and bake for 14 to 18 minutes.
- Remove tart crust from oven when it’s just slightly golden. Dollop on 1/2 cup of jam, spreading a layer all over the crust. Top with sliced peaches, organizing them in a round. Bake again for 3 to 6 minutes, until the jam is bubbly and the peaches are just getting soft. Let cool before slicing and serving.