This simple pizza dough recipe is chewy, crunchy, and full of herbaceous flavor. The mixture of herbs really brings this crust to life.
- 3 3/4 cups bread flour (or other high-gluten flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil (or 2 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (or 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley (or 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh)
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- Combine and knead together all the ingredients until you have a smooth, soft dough, about 3-4 minutes. You can use your hands or a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment on medium speed.
- Cover dough and allow to rise for 1 hour, until doubled in size.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions. Shape each piece into a 10-inch circle or 8-by-10-inch rectangle, and place each on a piece of parchment paper or on a greased baking sheet. Cover and allow to rise for 30 minutes, until puffy.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 475˚F.
- Bake for 8 minutes, until set.
- Add desired toppings, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Brush the crust edge with olive oil.
- Bake for an additional 4 to 5 minutes, until golden brown.
Adapted from Hannah of Honey & Jam.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Category: American
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Pizza
Keywords: pizza, herbs, yeast, bread flour