In this magnificent mash-up, pizza crust is layered with creamy black bean spread, cheese, and every nacho staple you can dream up.
- 1 10-ounce ball homemade pizza dough or store-bought crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 14-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 teaspoon chili powder blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice of 2 limes (about 4 tablespoons), divided
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa (such as pico de gallo)
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos
- 2 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions, green parts only
- 2 tablespoons rough chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and place a piece of parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- Gently stretch and shape the crust into a thin round using your hands, and place it on the parchment paper. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and bake until light golden brown, about 5-8 minutes.
- Place the garlic cloves onto a piece of foil, drizzle them with the remaining olive oil, and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Wrap the garlic up like a package, and then bake until the cloves are roasted and golden-brown, about 12-15 minutes. When the garlic is cool enough to handle, slide the cloves out of their skins.
- Add the roasted garlic cloves to a food processor along with the black beans, cream cheese, roasted red peppers, chili powder, cumin, juice of 1 lime, and 1 teaspoon salt. Pulse until the mixture becomes a paste. Season to taste with additional salt if necessary.
- Whisk together the sour cream with the remaining lime juice and season to taste with salt.
- Spread the black bean paste onto the pre-baked crust and top with the cheeses. Bake until the crust is golden-brown and the cheese is bubbly and melted, about 5 more minutes.
- Garnish the pizza with the salsa, black olives, jalapenos, radishes, green onions, and cilantro. Slice, and serve warm.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Flatbread
Keywords: pizza, nacho