Celebrating fall is so tasty with a homemade squash apple pizza to enjoy. The smooth, creamy puree is topped with tons of textural variety.
- 1 einkorn pizza crust, rolled out very thin
- 1 cup butternut squash puree
- 1/4 large yellow onion, sliced into thin strips (approx. ⅓ cup)
- 1/2–1 cup shredded pecorino cheese, to taste
- 1 cup packed torn arugula leaves
- 1 medium Gala apple, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 425˚F and place pizza stone or baking sheet inside on the center rack.
- Top crust with butternut squash puree. Arrange yellow onion strips on top and cover with pecorino cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the crust is lightly golden on the edges.
- Top with arugula, diced apple, pecans, and blue cheese crumbles. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Fall
Keywords: butternut squash, apple, autumn, harvest