Grilled Jamaican jerk chicken wings are crispy, bold, and oh-so-memorable. The homemade marinade makes for a fantastic snack or appetizer.
- 4 lbs chicken wings, broken down into drumettes and flats
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger (about one ½-inch knob)
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Juice of 3 limes (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Add chicken to a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add garlic, onion, ginger, jalapeno, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, orange juice, salt, pepper, paprika, thyme, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, cayenne, bay leaves, and oil to a medium-sized bowl. Stir to combine. Transfer marinade to the bag.
- Seal the bag and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat grill to 400˚F.
- Remove wings from marinade and discard the excess. Transfer chicken to the grill and cook for 30-40 minutes, flipping every 10-15 minutes, until skin is crispy and chicken registers 165˚F internally on a meat thermometer.
- Category: Wings
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Appetizers
Keywords: chicken wings, Jamaican jerk seasoning, chicken, wings