Pass on the packaged stuff, and prepare your own breakfast side in a snap with this savory turkey sausage laced with sage and fennel.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, rough chopped
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Pinch ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (such as vegetable, sunflower, or grapeseed oil), divided
- In a large mixing bowl, add the turkey, sage, thyme, fennel seed, garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and ground cloves. Gently fold the mixture together and divide into 12 evenly-sized patties.
- In a large cast iron pan or nonstick skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of the oil and turn to the coat the pan.
- Add the patties in batches and brown on both sides, cooking about 3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in the middle. Add more oil as needed.
- Serve immediately, or cool and freeze for later use.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Category: Sausage
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: breakfast sausage, turkey sausage, sage, fennel, brunch, ground turkey