This fluffy chocolate swirl spiced pumpkin bread will be on the top of your list of favorite recipes to make this fall.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting pans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) pure pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease two 9×5-inch loaf pans. Sprinkle a couple tablespoons of flour inside each pan and shake to coat the bottom and sides. Turn the pans upside down over a trash can to remove any excess flour.
- Combine the all-purpose flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Stir with a whisk.
- In a separate large bowl, or in the bowl of an electric mixer, stir together the granulated sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil, and applesauce. Gradually add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture. Stir just until combined.
- Scoop out about 1 cup of the batter and place in a separate small bowl. Add the melted chocolate. Stir well until thoroughly combined.
- Using half of the plain pumpkin mixture, divide it evenly on the bottom of each prepared loaf pan. Then, spread the chocolate batter on top, dividing it between the two pans. Add the remaining half of the pumpkin mixture evenly to each pan. Using the tip of a sharp knife, swirl the batter together, mixing the chocolate with the plain batters. Move from side to side down the entire length of the pan.
- Place both pans in the oven and bake for 1 hour, rotating the pans midway through baking, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If the tops of the loaves start to get too dark, loosely cover them with aluminum foil.
- Let the bread cool for 15 minutes. Run a sharp knife around the edges of each pan and turn out onto racks to cool completely. You may need to tap the pans lightly to get the bread to release. Once cool, slice each loaf into 8 even slices and serve.
- Category: Quick Breads
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Baked Goods
Keywords: pumpkin, chocolate, pumpkin spice, breakfast, fall