Moist and lightly sweet, this is the ultimate homemade lemon poppy seed bread, ideal for the transition from summer to fall.
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup agave syrup or honey
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, almond meal, baking powder, salt, and poppy seeds.
- In a large bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, coconut oil, brown sugar, and agave on medium speed until creamy.
- Switch to the whisk attachment and add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla, milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest, and beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients a little at a time, mixing well after each addition. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Category: Quick Breads
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: lemon poppy seed, lemon, poppy seed