Get lost in the luscious colors of this autumn-inspired salad made with crunchy napa cabbage, sweet roasted carrots and sweet potatoes, and toasted pecans.
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into matchsticks (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 pound carrots, peeled and sliced into matchsticks (about 3 large)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt, divided, plus more to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Dash hot sauce (or more, to taste)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups napa cabbage, thinly sliced into ribbons (1 small)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion (1 small)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet bell pepper (1 small)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- In a large dry skillet over medium-low heat, add the pecans. Shaking the pan and tossing the nuts occasionally to promote even browning, cook until golden and lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate so they’re completely off the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato and carrot matchsticks with the coconut oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Spread onto the prepared baking sheets in a single layer, leaving some space between the veggies to prevent steaming.
- Roast in the oven, tossing every 15 minutes until golden brown and tender, about 45 minutes total. Remove from the oven and allow the veggies to cool completely on the pans.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, lime juice, lemon juice, honey, hot sauce, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Whisking as you pour, slowly stream in the olive oil until the dressing comes together. Season to taste with salt and pepper as needed.
- Once the roasted sweet potatoes and carrots have cooled, add them to a large mixing bowl along with the toasted pecans, cabbage, red onion, and bell pepper. Add the dressing and parsley, and toss to coat.
- Chill before serving, or divide among plates and serve at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Coleslaw
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Salad
Keywords: autumn, cabbage, salad, coleslaw, sweet potatoes, pecans