This corn salad screams summer with fresh corn, basil, cherry tomatoes, and creamy gorgonzola cheese. Omit the cheese for an equally delightful vegan dish.
- 5 ears corn, shucked
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp minced red onion
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves, cut into chiffonade
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola crumbles (optional)
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch salt
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, then add the shucked ears of corn. Cook for 4 minutes, then remove the corn to a plate to cool.
- When the corn is cool enough to be handled, cut the kernels off. Cut most of the way down to the cob, but not too close or you’ll get crunchy bits.
- Combine the corn with all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Toss and serve warm or chill before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: corn, tomato, salad, gorgonzola, basil, vegetarian, summer