What’s toasty and vanilla-ey and chocolatey all over? This homemade “Nutella” loaded with cocoa, maple, and freshly roasted hazelnuts.
- 1 cup whole hazelnuts
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Pinch coarse salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the hazelnuts onto a rimmed baking sheet and toast, shaking the pan once halfway through, until lightly golden and toasted, about 10 minutes. Allow the nuts to cool slightly and then, using a clean dish towel, rub them gently to remove the skins.
- Add the nuts to a food processor and pulse until the consistency reaches a thick butter. Pour in the cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt and process until very smooth and spreadable. Spoon the mixture into a jar with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate.
- Allow the spread to come to room temperature before use.
- Category: Sauces and Spreads
- Method: Baking, No-Cook
- Cuisine: Snacks
Keywords: Nutella, chocolate, hazelnut, chocolate hazelnut spread