This easy vegan stuffing uses a boxed mix to start, but gets a flavorful update with a fun mix of spices and fresh vegetables.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 large stalks celery, diced
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 vegan sausages, sliced into 1/4-inch half-moon pieces
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 10-ounce box vegan premade stuffing mix
- 1 3/4 cup vegetable broth or stock
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the onion, celery, mushrooms, and vegan sausages. Cook, stirring often, until everything is lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and let cook for about 30 seconds. Add the spices and mix until combined. Remove from the heat.
- Empty the bread cubes from the stuffing mix into the prepared casserole dish. Add the cooked vegetables on top. Pour the broth into the casserole dish, and use a spatula to mix all of the ingredients together.
- Cover the casserole dish with foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until it’s crispy and golden brown on top. Enjoy immediately!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: vegan, stuffing, Thanksgiving, side dish