You will love these sauteed Italian-style green beans with tomatoes and garlic. The easy recipe can be prepared with fresh or frozen vegetables.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces (1 1/2 cups) diced tomatoes, chopped fresh or canned
- 24 ounces (1 1/2 pounds) fresh or frozen green beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- Warm olive oil over medium heat in a large, deep frying pan on the stove.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant while stirring occasionally, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook down for about 5 minutes, until they have broken down a bit and have formed a chunky sauce, stirring occasionally.
- Add green beans and stir to coat them with the tomato mixture.
- Simmer covered over medium-low heat for 20-25 minutes if using fresh green beans (25-35 minutes if using frozen), until the beans are softened and tender crisp.
- Stir in salt and pepper. Taste and add more salt and/or pepper as desired. Serve immediately.
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Side Dish
Keywords: green beans, Italian, tomatoes, garlic