Sink your teeth into a bite of our Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteaks and you’ll be adding these sandwiches to your weekly menu rotation in no time.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef steak (like top round London broil or sirloin)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 24 ounces beef broth
- 4–6 slices provolone or your choice of cheese (optional)
- 4 rolls, for serving
- Thinly slice beef into long, thin strips and place in the slow cooker.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and salt. Toss to coat the beef with the seasonings.
- Add bell pepper, onion, and beef broth, and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, until beef and vegetables are tender. For a party, switch to the warm setting after filling is cooked.
- For toasted buns and melted cheese, preheat the broiler in your oven on low. A toaster oven could also be used for this step.
- Slice the rolls with a serrated knife and place them open-faced on a baking sheet under the broiler until lightly toasted, approximately 2-3 minutes. You can toast with the cheese on the buns if you like, or wait until after you fill with the beef mixture and place back under the broiler until cheese is melted, about 3-4 minutes. Serve warm.
- Category: Sandwiches
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheesesteak, steak sandwich, game day, steak, cheese