Need an allergen-free snack that is packed with tasty and wholesome ingredients? You’ll want to make a couple batches of these granola bars.
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raw agave nectar, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, plus 1 teaspoon for the pan
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried raisins
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Coat an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil. Line with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides for easy removal, and coat the paper with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add the oats, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, coconut, salt, and cinnamon. Pulse for about 30 seconds, or until finely chopped. Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place the agave, 1/2 cup coconut oil, and vanilla in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Heat and stir until warm and everything is combined, about 1 minute, stirring constantly with a spatula.
- Pour the agave mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Add the dried fruit. Stir everything together until all ingredients are completely combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish, pressing down very firmly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned on the top and edges. Remove pan from oven. Place on a wire rack to cool in the pan for 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, use the overhang of parchment to carefully lift the baked mixture from the pan. Cut into 8 long bars and serve.
- Category: Granola Bars
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Snacks
Keywords: granola bar, gluten-free, dairy-free, oats