Who knew homemade graham crackers could be this easy to make? Simply mix, roll out, and bake, and your favorite snack is ready to go, perfect for enjoying with your favorite spread, or making into s’mores.
- In your food processor, pulse the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder together until combined. Add the butter and pulse until the dough is the consistency of coarse crumbs.
- Add the honey, molasses, and sugar, and process until combined. Add the milk and vanilla, and process until the mixture comes together to form a stiff dough. If it’s crumbly, add a splash of milk; if it’s too wet, add a little flour.
- Lightly grease or line two baking sheets with Silpat mats. On a floured work surface, cut the dough in half, and shape both halves into rectangles.
- Using a floured rolling pin, roll the dough into a bigger rectangle about 1/4-inch thick. If the dough sticks to the counter, sprinkle it with some more flour.
- Using a knife or a fluted pastry cutter, trim the edges of the dough rectangle to yield neat crackers, and cut into approximately 3-inch squares. Lightly prick the dough with the tines of a fork.
- Using a spatula, carefully transfer the crackers to the prepared baking sheets. Repeat the process with the remaining dough and any leftover scraps.
- Place baking sheets in the freezer for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake the chilled dough for 18 to 20 minutes, until the crackers are just a little bit browned at the edges. Remove from the baking sheets and cool completely on wire racks.
Recipe adapted from Roost.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Crackers, snack, graham crackers