This sweet and savory snack showcases a medley of nuts and seeds tossed and toasted with sweet maple syrup, butter, and fragrant ginger.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2-inch-thick round of fresh ginger, peeled and lightly smashed
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/4 cups raw unsalted pecans
- 1 1/4 cups raw unsalted walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 250°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the butter and fresh ginger to a small skillet over low heat. Simmer until the ginger becomes lightly golden and very fragrant, about 2-3 minutes, and then turn off the heat. Remove the ginger and whisk in the maple syrup.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, the ground ginger, and the ground coriander.
- In a large bowl, add the pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and sesame seeds. Pour in the butter and spice mixtures, and toss until everything is thoroughly coated.
- Arrange the nuts and seeds in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake, tossing every 20 minutes until the nuts are lightly golden and toasted (but not too deep brown), for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven. While the mixture is still warm, sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Allow the nuts to cool completely on the pan, and then store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Nuts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Snacks
Keywords: maple syrup, spiced, ginger, coriander, nuts, seeds