Make the most of your game day party with quick and easy Buffalo chicken chili. It’s a bowl of hot, spicy flavor to eat throughout the game.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 28-oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 14.5-oz canned diced tomatoes
- 2 14.5-oz cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Frank’s hot sauce, or your favorite type
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- Heat a large stock pot over medium heat and add olive oil. Once olive oil is hot, toss in the garlic. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring frequently. Place the chicken into the pot, using a large spoon to break it apart into small pieces. Cook until chicken is completely done, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, cayenne pepper, chicken stock, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, and beans. Stir to combine. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Stir in hot sauce, then reduce heat and let simmer for at least 15 minutes, or up to 1 hour.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with crumbled blue cheese if desired.
To Make this Recipe in a Slow Cooker: add the cooked chicken, spices, tomatoes, chicken stock, beans, and hot sauce to the slow cooker insert. Cook on low for 6 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
To Make This Recipe in a Pressure Cooker: add the cooked chicken, spices, chicken stock, beans, and hot sauce to the pressure cooker. Cook on manual pressure for 15 minutes and quick release.
- Category: Stew
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Chili
Keywords: stew, chili, game day recipes, chicken, spicy, comfort food