A creamy, dreamy recipe for Mushroom and Herb Risotto! Just sautee, add liquid, and stir! It really is that easy, and so delicious. Plus, it’s vegan and gluten free.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 10 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cooking sherry
- 1 3/4 cup arborio rice
- 7–8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt, or more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the vegetable broth in a pot on the stove and warm over medium heat. Keep the broth warm during the whole risotto-making process.
- Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until they begin to release their liquid. Add the rice and cook, stirring very often, until it starts to get translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the sherry and cook, stirring often, until mostly evaporated. Reduce heat to medium-low and add the herbs.
- Add the warm broth one cup at a time. Cook, stirring frequently, until it is almost all absorbed. Then add another cup, and continue to cook. I used about 7 1/2 cups of broth.
- When the risotto is just about done, turn the heat to low and stir in the nutritional yeast, along with about 1/4 tsp salt and some pepper. Mix well, then add more salt as needed to really make the flavors pop (but don’t over salt). Serve immediately.
- Category: Comfort Food
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: mushroom risotto, vegan, comfort food, dairy free, gluten free