An incredibly easy recipe for Spicy Garlic Green Beans, inspired by a dish served at P.F. Chang’s restaurant.
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz green beans, trimmed
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp hot sauce, to taste
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the green beans and cook, stirring every minute or so, until they get little blackened spots all over, about 8 minutes total.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a measuring cup. If you like it HOT, add 2 Tbsp or more hot sauce. If you like it a bit more mild, just add 1 Tbsp.
- When the green beans are almost done, carefully pour the sauce into the pan. It’ll sizzle viciously and make lots of angry noises. Just stand back and let it do its thing for a bit. Then stir and stir until the beans are totally covered in the sauce. Remove from the heat and serve right away!