Are you looking for a healthy spiralizer recipe that’s quick and easy to make? Try this vegan Zucchini Spaghetti with Peaches and Pumpkin Seed Pesto. Low in calories and high in nutrients and taste.
For the Pumpkin Seed Pesto:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup (160 g) raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
For the Zucchini Spaghetti Noodles (or, Zoodles!):
- 2 small to medium zucchinis (about 1 1/2 pounds or 680 g)
- 2 ripe organic peaches (if not organic, peel skin), pitted and sliced
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a baking dish, combine melted coconut oil with pumpkin seeds and salt. Toast for 10 minutes, or until seeds are puffed up and golden. Let cool slightly.
- In a food processor, grind pumpkin seeds until they’re what Anya calls the size of small breadcrumbs. Then add olive oil, basil, water, lemon juice and garlic. Blend until mixture is like a smooth paste. If you want it a little thinner, add more oil or lemon juice.
- To make the zucchini noodles, use a spiral slicer to create about 5 cups of raw noodles from 2 zucchini.
- Toss your zucchini noodles with about 5 tablespoons of the pesto (extra can be refrigerated for up to 3 days) in a large bowl. Add peach slices, and garnish with basil and small dollops of extra pesto, if desired. We also added salt and black pepper to taste.
Adapted from The Vibrant Table cookbook.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: vegetable noodles
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: dinner
Keywords: vegan, zoodles, zucchini noodles, vegetable pasta, pesto