These Vegetarian Breakfast Burritos are filled with roasted veggies, cream cheese, and Spanish rice. They’re super delicious and easy to make! You can even freeze the leftovers for an easy weekday breakfast.
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 box Spanish rice pilaf
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut in half and sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dried italian herbs
- 8 eggs
- 4 oz room-temperature cream cheese
- shredded jack cheese
- 8 burrito-size tortillas
- Turn your oven on to broil. Place a rack on the second highest setting, then place the bell peppers on the rack directly under the heating elements (don’t let them touch). Cook until blackened on top, about 4-5 minutes, then rotate. Repeat until all sides are blackened. Remove and let cool.
- Cook the Spanish rice according to package instructions or you can make it yourself from scratch.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring often, until golden brown all around. Add the garlic & italian herbs and cook for about 1 minute more. Transfer the onions to a bowl.
- Crack the eggs into another bowl and beat with a whisk for about 1 minute. Use spray oil to coat the skillet you just used to cook the onions and add the eggs. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the eggs are fully cooked, about 2 minutes (this depends on how how your pan is). Remove to a bowl.
- Warm the tortillas by either placing in a tortilla warmer and microwaving for 30 seconds, or warming them individually on a griddle.
- To build the burritos, spread about 1 Tbsp cream cheese onto a tortilla, then top with some of the rice, veggies, eggs, salsa, and cheese. Fold the ends in, then roll up the filling. Place seam-side down and prepare the remainder of the burritos.
- You can eat these immediately, or freeze some for eating later. To freeze, wrap the burritos in foil individually, then place them all in a ziploc bag and freeze or you can use a vacuum sealer for the ultimate in freshness. To reheat, remove from the foil and microwave for 2 minutes on high (cooking times may vary depending on your microwave).
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: breakfast, burritos, vegetarian, cream cheese, eggs