Do you love when there’s a creamy dip to munch on during a party? You’ll be very pleased with this homemade roasted red pepper dip.
- 2 large roasted red bell peppers, roughly chopped, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup gently packed basil leaves, roughly chopped, plus more for serving
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus more to taste
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the chopped red bell pepper in a separate bowl. Place all of the remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Blend together until super smooth and creamy. Season to taste with additional salt, pepper, or red pepper flakes.
- Transfer the dip to a medium-sized serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least thirty minutes before serving.
- Garnish with the reserved chopped red peppers and lightly drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with chopped basil. Serve with bread, crackers, olives, and assorted fresh vegetables.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dip
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Appetizer
Keywords: cream cheese, roasted red pepper, basil, balsamic vinegar