Learn an easy way to roast and peel beets. With our method, you can prep a bunch for use in salads, grain bowls, and more.
- 6 small or 3–4 medium whole beets (about 3 pounds)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Wash and scrub the beets clean under cool running water. Slice off both ends of the beets, reserving the stems and leaves for another use if they were attached.
- Wrap all of the beets in a single layer in one large piece of aluminum foil, tightly gathering the extra foil on top to close it tightly. Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast for 50 to 60 minutes, depending on the size of the beets, until a fork can be easily inserted into the center of the largest beet with no resistance when you open the package to check for doneness.
- Remove from the oven and partially unwrap the aluminum foil from the top to release any steam. When cool enough to handle, peel the skins off by rubbing each beet firmly with your hands.
- Slice into cubes, rounds, or half-moons. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Vegetarian