Made with wholesome ingredients, these harvest spice breakfast cookies are perfect for an on-the-go meal you can feel good about.
- 1 medium pear, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon molasses
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, finely grated
- 1 ⅓ cups unbleached all-purpose flour (or gluten-free baking mix)
- ⅓ cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat silicone baking mat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine diced pear, applesauce, molasses, coconut oil, and ginger. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour, oats, ground flax seed, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
- Pour dry ingredients into pear mixture and stir well to combine.
- Using a ¼-cup measure or a cookie scoop, drop batter onto prepared cookie sheet, leaving 1-2 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Let cookies cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: breakfast cookie, apple, pear, cinnamon, molasses