For the perfect ending to a birthday party, make this vegan vanilla cake with fluffy buttercream, fresh raspberries, and crushed Oreos.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 3/4 cup vegan granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup almond milk, or any non-dairy milk
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup crushed Oreos
- 1 recipe vegan vanilla frosting (about 2 cups)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease two small 5-inch or 6-inch cake pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Sift the mixture to get rid of any lumps and distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Combine the almond milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and lemon juice in another bowl. Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture. Whisk together just until all the ingredients are moistened and no large lumps remain.
- Divide the batter into the two prepared cake pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the middle should come out clean, and the sides should be a light golden brown.
- Let the cakes cool for about 15 minutes before removing them from the pans. Peel the parchment from the bottom, then let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- To assemble, place one of the cake rounds on a plate and cut off the rounded top, if desired. Cover with a good layer of frosting, then place some raspberries on top. Add a layer of Oreos on top of the raspberries.
- Before adding the next layer of cake, flip it over and add a layer of frosting to the bottom of the round. Invert it onto the raspberry and cookie layer, pressing down gently. Frost the sides of the cake.
- Garnish with the remaining cookies around the cake. Top with a few raspberries and some candles.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: cake, frosting, vanilla, raspberry, vegan