If you’re seeking a fun kitchen activity that results in a sweet treat the whole family will love, look no further than these marshmallow pops.
- 20 large marshmallows, store bought or homemade
- 1 10-ounce bag chocolate candy melts (milk, white, or dark chocolate)
- Lollipop sticks
- Sprinkles or other decorative toppings of choice
- Place chocolate melts in a microwave-safe bowl, and heat in the microwave on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir well. Continue heating on 50% power in 30-second intervals, stirring in between each, until completely melted. Do not overheat or the chocolate will become unworkable.
- While the candy melts are in the microwave, push sticks into the center of each marshmallow on one of the flat sides so they sit firmly without piercing through the other side.
- Place sprinkles and other decorative toppings into small bowls. Line a sheet pan with a piece of waxed paper and set aside, or prepare a block of styrofoam or florist’s foam for allowing the chocolate to set.
- Dip the tops of marshmallows into melted chocolate and let any excess drip back into the bowl. Wait about 10 seconds, then sprinkle toppings onto the marshmallows with your hands or a spoon.
- Stick the pops into styrofoam blocks so the chocolate can set. If you don’t have styrofoam, you can set them on a sheet pan lined with wax paper, stick side up. Let sit until chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
- Category: Marshmallow
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: Candy
Keywords: marshmallow, pops, chocolate