Enjoy the bounty of seasonal fruit this fall with the best baked apple chips, made with a mixture of flavorful warming spices.
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, ginger, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper until combined.
- Thinly slice apples as thin as you can get them. Remove the seeds.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of powdered sugar mixture over both baking sheets.
- Arrange slices in a single layer on top of the sugar, then sprinkle another thin layer of powdered sugar mixture over the top.
- Place the baking sheets in the oven and bake for 1 hour. Switch positions of the baking sheets and place back in the oven for another hour. When the time is up, check on them to see if they’re crisp. If not, place them back in the oven until they’re slightly golden and crisp.
- Remove chips from baking sheets and transfer to cooling racks. Once completely cooled, place in an airtight container to ensure they don’t get soft.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Healthy Snacks
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: apple chips, fall, autumn, healthy snack