Nutty chocolate coconut cookies are crunchy and moist gluten-free treats that every chocolate lover will demand more of.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably dark)
- 2 Tbsp tapioca flour, plus more as needed for shaping
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup Sucanat
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Add almond meal, coconut, cocoa powder, tapioca flour, salt, and baking soda to a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Stir in Sucanat, maple syrup or honey, vanilla, and chocolate chips until a stiff, sticky batter forms.
- Flour your hands lightly to prevent dough from sticking. Form balls of dough, 2 tablespoons at a time. Place on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes. The edges should be crisp, but they should still be moist in the center.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool on the pans for 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free
Keywords: gluten-free cookies, chocolate, coconut, almond flour