A delicious and hearty cookie recipe with chocolate chips, pomegranate seeds, and plenty of rolled oats. Gluten-free and vegan, these are the perfect cookies for everyone!
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 5 Tbsp water
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup vegan granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds (see de-seeding instructions above!)
- Turn the oven or a countertop convection toaster oven on to 350F and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment, a Silpat type silicone liner, or grease well.
- Combine the ground flax seed and the water in a small bowl to make a flax egg, and set aside to thicken.
- Mix the flours, xanthan gum, baking powder and soda, salt, and cinnamon together in a medium bowl.
- Melt the coconut, then add to a large bowl with the sugars. Whisk until well combined, then add the almond milk, vanilla, and flax seed mixture and mix well. Add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add the oats and chocolate chips and stir with a large spoon until evenly distributed. Add the pomegranate seeds and gently fold them into the batter.
- Drop the batter in large 2 Tbsp mounds onto the parchment-covered baking sheet spaced 2 inches apart. Flatten the top gently, then bake for 12-13 minutes, until just barely starting to turn golden on the underside. Let cool for a couple minutes on the pan, then transfer to a wire cooling rack and start the next batch, if necessary. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Baked Goods
Keywords: chocolate chips, pomegranate, oatmeal, cookies, vegan, gluten-free