For all you chocoholics out there, these delightfully sinful chocolate truffle cookies are the epic recipe you’ve been waiting for.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup natural cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3.5 ounces good-quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a big bowl, beat together butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla with a handheld electric mixer on medium speed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Then add the dry mixture to the wet, and beat until well blended on medium-low speed.
- Stir in chopped chocolate. Form dough into 1 to 1 1/2-inch balls.
- Roll balls of dough in chopped walnuts if using, covering them on one half.
- Place on prepared baking sheets (walnut-coated side up), approximately 1 inch apart. Gently flatten balls of dough on sheet before baking.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until completely set and slightly puffy.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: holiday baking, Christmas, cookie, chocolate, walnut