These classic einkorn chocolate chip cookies are the chewiest and most decadent baked goods. Be sure to have a glass of milk handy when you make them.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose einkorn flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate or bittersweet chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, coconut oil, and coconut sugar on medium speed. Add eggs and vanilla, and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt, and stir to combine. Add this mixture to the wet ingredients. Beat until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. Chill for 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone pan liners, or bake in batches.
- Scoop out tablespoon-sized scoops of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them 1 inch apart. You should have about 8 cookies per baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until cooked through but not browned. It’s better to underbake these.
- Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: einkorn flour, chocolate, cookie