Say goodbye to boring baked goods and try something a little different, like this tasty glazed maple cookie that’s both sweet and salty.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp + 2 Tbsp coarse sea salt, divided
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pure maple syrup, divided
- 2 large egg yolks
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and 1 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fit with a paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in 1/2 cup maple syrup and the egg yolks. With the mixer on low, beat in flour mixture.
- Using a tablespoon scoop, drop batter 3 inches apart onto baking sheets. Using a flat-bottomed glass dipped in flour, flatten cookies to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through, until they are golden brown around the edges. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, 1 cup maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Spoon the glaze over the cooled cookies. Sprinkle each with a little salt. Let sit at room temperature until the glaze is set.
- Adapted from Kelly Carámbula’s recipe at The Best Remedy.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: holiday baking, maple, cookie