You need to try our lemon cornmeal cookies ASAP. These crisp citrus-infused biscuits taste like shortbread, with a burst of tart flavor.
- Prepare two baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, lemon zest and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter, sugar, and egg. Stir with the paddle attachment on medium speed until fully mixed. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients until just combined, mixing fully between additions.
- Roll dough into about two dozen balls, using approximately 1 ½ tablespoons of dough for each. Place on the prepared baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart. Press down on the top of each ball of dough to flatten it into a 3/4-inch-thick disc.
- Freeze the dough on the prepared sheet pans for 15 minutes. While the dough is chilling, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake until very lightly browned around the edges, about 20-25 minutes. Transfer to racks to cool completely. Cookies may be stored for 3-5 days in an airtight container.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: lemon, cornmeal, cookies, butter cookies, dessert