The perfect snickerdoodle cookie – puffy, chewy, and delicious! Vegan, too – but you’d never know it!
- 1/2 cup room-temperature vegan margarine (I used Earth Balance)
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp vegan granulated sugar or coconut sugar, divided
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp Ener-G powdered egg replacer
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Place the margarine and 3/4 cup sugar in the bowl of an electric stand mixer. Beat on medium-high with the whisk attachment for about 2 minutes, until smooth and fluffy.
- Combine the Ener-G egg replacer and water and stir until combined. Add this mixture and the vanilla extract to the mixer and beat until fluffy again. You may need to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula to ensure that everything gets incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt and mix well. Add to the wet ingredients and gently stir in with a large spoon until everything is just incorporated.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Take a tablespoonful of dough and roll in your hands to make a smooth ball. Roll the ball in the cinnamon mixture until evenly coated. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Place prepared dough balls on a silicone baking mat or parchment-lined baking/cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until puffy. It is difficult to gauge doneness due to the outer coating, so just trust the timer if you know your oven is up to temp. They should be cracked on the edges but still very soft.
- Let sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan Desserts
Keywords: vegan, snickerdoodles, cookie, holiday baking