These Vegan Toffee Chocolate Cookies are soft and chewy, with little chewy-crisp pools of melted toffee.
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine, room temperature (I used Earth Balance)
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegan granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped vegan toffee with chocolate
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Place a piece of parchment paper or a silicone baking mat over a baking sheet.
- Combine the flax seed and water in a small bowl to make a flax egg. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place the margarine in the bowl of a stand mixer and add the sugars. Whisk vigorously for about 2 minutes. It should become light and fluffy and be a light beige color. If you don’t have a stand mixer, just get out a whisk and get an arm workout.
- Add the flax egg and the vanilla to the margarine mixture, and whisk well until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the margarine mixture, and stir together with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon just until combined – do not overmix. Add the chopped toffee and gently fold into the batter.
- Drop by the heaping tablespoonful onto the baking sheet, evenly spaced to avoid overlap. Bake for 14-15 minutes, rotating once halfway through, until just barely beginning to brown on the bottom. They will look a bit underdone on top.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: chocolate, toffee, vegan desserts, cookie