A dense and chewy oatmeal cookie with white chocolate chips and chopped hazelnuts. Sweetened with maple syrup. Delicious any time of year!
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking liner and set aside.
- Combine the oats, flours, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Add the brown sugar and stir to mix well.
- Melt the coconut oil in a 2-cup glass measuring cup or a medium-sized heatproof bowl, then stir in the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry, then stir until almost combined. Add the white chocolate chips and hazelnuts, and stir until combined. The dough will be rather stiff.
- Grab a chunk of the dough with your hands and press it into a ball. Place on the prepared cookie sheet, then flatten a bit with your palm. Repeat with the rest of the dough, leaving some space between each since they will expand a bit during baking. You should get about 12 cookies.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes, until just starting to brown on the bottom. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: white chocolate, hazelnut, oatmeal cookies, maple syrup, vegan