Have leftover egg whites? Use them to make the most delicious coconut macaroons, flavored with honey and drizzled with chocolate.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, mix together the egg whites, sugar, salt, honey, and vanilla. Over low heat on the stovetop, stir the mixture together until it is just barely warmed, not hot.
- Add the shredded coconut and flour. Continue to stir the mixture over medium heat for a few minutes until it cooks enough to form a very thick batter. Remove from heat. Transfer to a bowl to cool to room temperature.
- Form the dough into 1-inch balls in your hands or with a small ice cream or cookie scoop, squeezing the dough gently to press it together. Space them evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake until the crust is lightly golden, about 18-20 minutes. Cool completely.
- If decorating, melt the chocolate in the microwave. Line a clean baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Dip the bottoms of each cookie in the chocolate, or drizzle on top, and set the cookies on the baking sheet. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes, until the chocolate has set.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 18-20 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: coconut, macaroon, honey