Wake up to the scent of fall with an incredible batch of pumpkin muffins. With sugar and spice, these baked goodies bring a burst of flavor.
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat to 350°F. Put liners in 18 cups of two 12-cup muffin pans.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fit with the paddle attachment, mix together pumpkin puree, oil, eggs, and 1 1/4 cups of sugar on the lowest speed.
- Add the flour mixture and continue to mix until just combined, always with machine on its lowest setting.
- Stir together the cinnamon and remaining tablespoon of sugar in a small bowl.
- Divide batter among muffin cups, filling them 2/3 of the way full. Sprinkle the tops of each with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until puffed and golden brown. A toothpick should come out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer muffins to a wire rack and cool completely before storing.
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: pumpkin, pumpkin muffins, fall, autumn, breakfast