Snacking is an art, and with the best peanut butter popcorn recipe, you will have a masterpiece on your hands. It will be your new favorite afternoon snack.
For the Popcorn:
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup dry-roasted, unsalted peanuts
For the Caramel:
- Place a large, heavy pan over medium heat and coat the bottom with vegetable oil. Add the popcorn kernels, shaking to distribute. Cover the pan and leave a small crack for steam to escape.
- When the popcorn starts popping, shake vigorously to make sure the kernels pop evenly. When popping slows, remove from heat and pour the popcorn into an oversized mixing bowl to cool. Leave any unpopped kernels in the pan.
- Top with 1/2 tsp salt and toss with peanuts.
- Heat honey and sugar over medium heat in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Once the mixture begins to bubble, bring it to a boil for about 3 minutes without stirring. Stir in peanut butter, 1/4 tsp salt, and pumpkin spice until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the popcorn and nuts. Toss gently to coat the kernels evenly. Spread popcorn onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Allow it to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days, making sure to break up the popcorn so it doesn’t all stick together in a giant glob.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Fall
Keywords: Halloween, caramel popcorn, pumpkin spice, popcorn