Whether you are making this as a side or a main dish, Quinoa with Roasted Butternut Squash and Cranberries is pure perfection. Vegan, gluten free, and absolutely delicious, it’s a must on your holiday table.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed thoroughly
- 2 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 3/4 cup Easy Roasted Cranberries
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- Cook quinoa according to package directions and set aside.
- While quinoa cooks, preheat oven to 350˚F. Add butternut squash to a large bowl with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread squash on the baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 15-20 minutes, tossing halfway through, until fork tender.
- Place quinoa, cooked squash, roasted cranberries, cinnamon, ginger, and orange zest in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Thanksgiving
- Method: Baking, Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: side dish, vegan, vegetarian, quinoa, cranberry, squash