The holidays are just around the corner. This year, give a gift from the heart- like our easy homemade chocolate candy bark.
- 16 oz chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped red and green M&M’s candy
- 1/2 cup candied citrus peel
- 1/4 cup Christmas-themed sprinkles
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Bring about 2 inches of water to a boil in the bottom of two double boilers over medium heat. If you don’t have two of them, you can use a heat-proof bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water – just don’t let the bowl touch the water.
- Place the chocolate chips in the upper portion of one double boiler, and stir frequently until melted.
- Melt the white chocolate in the other double boiler or heat-proof bowl at the same time. Add white chocolate to the top bowl and stir frequently until it is melted.
- Remove chocolate from heat as soon as it is melted, or shortly before. Slowly pour melted semi-sweet or milk chocolate onto the parchment-covered baking sheet. Using a rubber spatula, spread the chocolate evenly to about a 1/4-inch thickness.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over the semi-sweet or milk chocolate.
- Sprinkle the chopped candy pieces, citrus peel, and sprinkles over the melted chocolate, pressing lightly if necessary to make sure it adheres. Place baking sheet in the refrigerator until cooled completely, approximately 1 hour. Remove from the refrigerator and break into pieces.
- Category: Candy
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: holiday candy, candy, Christmas, dessert, chocolate