When you take your first bite of pillowy soft, absolutely perfect dark chocolate cookies, you’ll melt away on a cloud of chocolatey goodness
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla on medium speed until combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet, combining on low speed until fully incorporated.
- Smooth the dough into a large disc, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and chill for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Roll dough into 1.5-inch balls and then roll them in demerera or sanding sugar. Place them on the baking sheets about 1.5 inches apart.
- Bake for about 8 minutes. Cool on the sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks. Once cool, seal them up in an airtight container with a paper towel to keep the cookies soft.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: dark chocolate, cookie, holiday baking