A delicious cookie recipe that is both vegan and gluten-free! Almost healthy enough to eat for breakfast, the natural almond and oat flavors are complemented by white chocolate chips.
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine (or unsalted butter for a non-vegan version)
- 1/4 cup unsalted almond butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups oat flour
- 1 1/3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup vegan white chocolate chips (or regular- note that they typically contain milk)
- Combine the ground flax seed and water in a small bowl, whisk together, and set aside for about 10 minutes to make a flax egg.
- Melt the margarine in a large bowl and beat in the almond butter with a stand mixer or with a hand mixer. Add the maple syrup and vanilla, then stir in the flax egg. Mix well.
- Pile the remaining dry ingredients on top of the wet, then mix together with a large spoon until evenly moistened. The batter will be a bit more wet than what you are used to for cookies, but if it seems excessively wet, you can add another tablespoon or two of oat flour (this can be due to the consistency of the grind).
- Fold in the white chocolate chips, then let the batter rest for 15 minutes.
- While the batter rests, preheat the oven to 350°F. Drop the batter 2 inches apart in heaping tablespoons onto a silpat-lined or parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes, until just barely golden on the bottom. Let rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Baked Goods
Keywords: Cookies, Gluten Free, Vegan, Almond, White Chocolate, oat